UP Rajya Sabha by-poll on July 15
New Delhi: Bye-election to a Rajya Sabha seat
from Uttar Pradesh, caused by death of Samajwadi Party MP
Virendra Bhatia, will be held on July 15, the Election
Commission announced today.
The term of Bhatia, who died on May 24 last, was to end
on April 2, 2012.
According to the schedule, the notification will be issued
on June 28. Last date for filing nominations is July 5 and
scrutiny will take place the following day. The last date for
withdrawal of nominations is July 8.
The counting of votes will be taken up at 5 PM on July 15
after completion of polling, the EC said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city