UP Rajya Sabha by-poll on July 15
New Delhi: Bye-election to a Rajya Sabha seat
from Uttar Pradesh, caused by death of Samajwadi Party MP
Virendra Bhatia, will be held on July 15, the Election
Commission announced today.
The term of Bhatia, who died on May 24 last, was to end
on April 2, 2012.
According to the schedule, the notification will be issued
on June 28. Last date for filing nominations is July 5 and
scrutiny will take place the following day. The last date for
withdrawal of nominations is July 8.
The counting of votes will be taken up at 5 PM on July 15
after completion of polling, the EC said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands