UP Special Task Force rescues boy kidnapped two months ago
Lucknow: The Special Task Force of Uttar
Pradesh police has rescued a 15-year old boy kidnapped nearly
two months back from Farukkhabad district and arrested four
persons in this connection.
"Shivam Rathore, who was kidnapped from Mainpuri district
while coming home from coaching classes on September 16, was
rescued by the STF from Farukkhabad district yesterday and
four persons were arrested," Additional Director General of
Police Brij Lal told reporters here.
Those arrested were identified as Sanjay Kumar Batham,
Pradeep Singh, Pradeep Kumar Batham and Poonam, he said adding
that the car used in kidnapping was also recovered.
The ADG said during investigation it was revealed that
kidnappers had kept Shivam at some place in Farukkhabad and
were demanding Rs 50 lakh for his safe release.
On a tip off, the STF team raided a house in Awas Vikas
colony and recovered Shivam, he said, adding during
interrogation the accused revealed that besides them Jitendra
Shakya and Raju were also involved in the kidnapping.
"The conspiracy was hatched by Bantu Rathore, who was
known to Shivam`s father Satyendra Rathore, and his aides
Lallu and Rajiv Pandey," Brij Lal said.
He said though Satyendra gave rupees five lakh to the
kidnappers on November 2, they did not released the boy and
were demanding more money.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Walking can cut cardiovascular death by half
- When Robert Vadra had verbal spat with BJP MLA Ganesh Joshi over police horse Shaktiman's death - ALL DETAILS HERE
- 'Those provoking youth in Kashmir for Jihaad have kept their children in safe havens'
- SEBI mulling relaxed norms for REITs, InvITs, startups listing
- LIC to fill posts for 2 MDs; yet to name chairman