UP Special Task Force rescues boy kidnapped two months ago
Lucknow: The Special Task Force of Uttar
Pradesh police has rescued a 15-year old boy kidnapped nearly
two months back from Farukkhabad district and arrested four
persons in this connection.
"Shivam Rathore, who was kidnapped from Mainpuri district
while coming home from coaching classes on September 16, was
rescued by the STF from Farukkhabad district yesterday and
four persons were arrested," Additional Director General of
Police Brij Lal told reporters here.
Those arrested were identified as Sanjay Kumar Batham,
Pradeep Singh, Pradeep Kumar Batham and Poonam, he said adding
that the car used in kidnapping was also recovered.
The ADG said during investigation it was revealed that
kidnappers had kept Shivam at some place in Farukkhabad and
were demanding Rs 50 lakh for his safe release.
On a tip off, the STF team raided a house in Awas Vikas
colony and recovered Shivam, he said, adding during
interrogation the accused revealed that besides them Jitendra
Shakya and Raju were also involved in the kidnapping.
"The conspiracy was hatched by Bantu Rathore, who was
known to Shivam`s father Satyendra Rathore, and his aides
Lallu and Rajiv Pandey," Brij Lal said.
He said though Satyendra gave rupees five lakh to the
kidnappers on November 2, they did not released the boy and
were demanding more money.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report