UP to set up temporary jails ahead of Ayodhya verdict
Muzaffarnagar: The Uttar Pradesh government
will establish temporary jails in every district of the state
ahead of the Allahabad High Court verdict on Ayodhya title
suit, officials said Wednesday.
Separate jails will be established for men and women in
every district, DIG (Jail) A K Pandey said.
The district authorities have already identified some
government buildings or colleges for establishing the jails in
Muzaffarnagar, Meerut, Bullandshar, Ghaziabad, Saharanpur and
In Muzaffarnagar, the women jail will be located in a
Barat Ghar, while the jail for men will be in a college in
Nagla villge near here.
"We have taken all precautionary measures to ensure that
peace and communal harmony is not disturbed after the court
verdict on September 24," Pandey said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part II
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part III
- India is 35th member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?