UP will regain prominent position: Akhilesh
Lucknow: Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav expressed the hope on Thursday that Uttar Pradesh will regain its prominent position in the country.
Speaking on the occasion of India`s Independence Day, the Chief Minister said efforts were on to ensure that the state emerged as a front ranking state.
Akhilesh Yadav enumerated the various schemes undertaken by his Samajwadi Party government for the poor and the minorities.
He said his government was giving adequate focus to strengthening roads and laying new roads and highways in the sprawling state. "All district headquarters will soon be linked to four-lane roads."
Stressing the need for women`s participation in mainstream society, the chief minister said educating girls was a core area for the state.
Farmers, he added, were being provided timely seeds, fertilizers and free irrigation from state-owned canals and tube wells.
"The state government has given a 138-acre land in Rae Bareilly for AIIMS. I am sure very soon work will start on this ambitious project," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Subramanian Swamy heaps praise on PM Narendra Modi over functioning in Parliament - Here's what he said
- ‘Baywatch’ babe Priyanka Chopra shares sizzling hot pic on Dwayne Johnson’s birthday
- The dew drop of Saturn – See pic!
- LeEco to launch Made in India phone in its event today?
- Ahead of PM Modi's US visit, USCIRF report says 'intolerance has risen in India'