UP will regain prominent position: Akhilesh
Lucknow: Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav expressed the hope on Thursday that Uttar Pradesh will regain its prominent position in the country.
Speaking on the occasion of India`s Independence Day, the Chief Minister said efforts were on to ensure that the state emerged as a front ranking state.
Akhilesh Yadav enumerated the various schemes undertaken by his Samajwadi Party government for the poor and the minorities.
He said his government was giving adequate focus to strengthening roads and laying new roads and highways in the sprawling state. "All district headquarters will soon be linked to four-lane roads."
Stressing the need for women`s participation in mainstream society, the chief minister said educating girls was a core area for the state.
Farmers, he added, were being provided timely seeds, fertilizers and free irrigation from state-owned canals and tube wells.
"The state government has given a 138-acre land in Rae Bareilly for AIIMS. I am sure very soon work will start on this ambitious project," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’