UP will regain prominent position: Akhilesh
Lucknow: Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav expressed the hope on Thursday that Uttar Pradesh will regain its prominent position in the country.
Speaking on the occasion of India`s Independence Day, the Chief Minister said efforts were on to ensure that the state emerged as a front ranking state.
Akhilesh Yadav enumerated the various schemes undertaken by his Samajwadi Party government for the poor and the minorities.
He said his government was giving adequate focus to strengthening roads and laying new roads and highways in the sprawling state. "All district headquarters will soon be linked to four-lane roads."
Stressing the need for women`s participation in mainstream society, the chief minister said educating girls was a core area for the state.
Farmers, he added, were being provided timely seeds, fertilizers and free irrigation from state-owned canals and tube wells.
"The state government has given a 138-acre land in Rae Bareilly for AIIMS. I am sure very soon work will start on this ambitious project," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Bid rivals set to join forces for Tata Steel UK buyout: Report
- PM Narendra Modi calls for country to move towards cashless society
- Coach appointment will take another couple of months: Sourav Ganguly
- Virat Kolhi's purple patch can only benefit Indian cricket: Ravi Shastri
- David Cameron warns Brexit would drive up food prices in UK