UPCC sends letters to MPs, MLAs on donation for drought relief
Lucknow: Congress in Uttar Pradesh has asked
its MLAs and MPs from the state to inform it whether they have
started donating 20 per cent of their salaries for drought
relief as directed by party chief Sonia Gandhi.
Chairman of UPCC`s disciplinary committee, Ram Krishna
Dwivedi, told PTI here that there were reports of delay in
some cases and a personal reminder has been sent to such
As per the direction, all MPs, MLAs and MLCs had to
donate 20 per cent of their salaries for a year, starting from
September this year. The decision was taken by Gandhi
following the suggestion by Congress Working Committee.
Dwivedi said a reminder has been sent on October 21 to
all of them to start donating a part of their salaries and
that if they had not done so, the leaders should inform the
party about the same.
Earlier on September 25, a circular was sent to the MPs
and MLAs by UPCC president Rita Bahuguna Joshi in this
Dwivedi, however, stressed that he has already got
positive response from all the concerned leaders who assured
that they would act as per directions of the party high
There are 21 MPs, 19 MLA and three MLCs belonging to the
party in Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'