UPCC sends letters to MPs, MLAs on donation for drought relief
Lucknow: Congress in Uttar Pradesh has asked
its MLAs and MPs from the state to inform it whether they have
started donating 20 per cent of their salaries for drought
relief as directed by party chief Sonia Gandhi.
Chairman of UPCC`s disciplinary committee, Ram Krishna
Dwivedi, told PTI here that there were reports of delay in
some cases and a personal reminder has been sent to such
As per the direction, all MPs, MLAs and MLCs had to
donate 20 per cent of their salaries for a year, starting from
September this year. The decision was taken by Gandhi
following the suggestion by Congress Working Committee.
Dwivedi said a reminder has been sent on October 21 to
all of them to start donating a part of their salaries and
that if they had not done so, the leaders should inform the
party about the same.
Earlier on September 25, a circular was sent to the MPs
and MLAs by UPCC president Rita Bahuguna Joshi in this
Dwivedi, however, stressed that he has already got
positive response from all the concerned leaders who assured
that they would act as per directions of the party high
There are 21 MPs, 19 MLA and three MLCs belonging to the
party in Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves