UPCC sends letters to MPs, MLAs on donation for drought relief
Lucknow: Congress in Uttar Pradesh has asked
its MLAs and MPs from the state to inform it whether they have
started donating 20 per cent of their salaries for drought
relief as directed by party chief Sonia Gandhi.
Chairman of UPCC`s disciplinary committee, Ram Krishna
Dwivedi, told PTI here that there were reports of delay in
some cases and a personal reminder has been sent to such
As per the direction, all MPs, MLAs and MLCs had to
donate 20 per cent of their salaries for a year, starting from
September this year. The decision was taken by Gandhi
following the suggestion by Congress Working Committee.
Dwivedi said a reminder has been sent on October 21 to
all of them to start donating a part of their salaries and
that if they had not done so, the leaders should inform the
party about the same.
Earlier on September 25, a circular was sent to the MPs
and MLAs by UPCC president Rita Bahuguna Joshi in this
Dwivedi, however, stressed that he has already got
positive response from all the concerned leaders who assured
that they would act as per directions of the party high
There are 21 MPs, 19 MLA and three MLCs belonging to the
party in Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Give up terrorism and let’s talk', Sushma Swaraj's reply to Nawaz Sharif at UNGA
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- Know who replaced Katrina Kaif in film opposite Jackie Chan
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview