UPCC sends letters to MPs, MLAs on donation for drought relief
Lucknow: Congress in Uttar Pradesh has asked
its MLAs and MPs from the state to inform it whether they have
started donating 20 per cent of their salaries for drought
relief as directed by party chief Sonia Gandhi.
Chairman of UPCC`s disciplinary committee, Ram Krishna
Dwivedi, told PTI here that there were reports of delay in
some cases and a personal reminder has been sent to such
As per the direction, all MPs, MLAs and MLCs had to
donate 20 per cent of their salaries for a year, starting from
September this year. The decision was taken by Gandhi
following the suggestion by Congress Working Committee.
Dwivedi said a reminder has been sent on October 21 to
all of them to start donating a part of their salaries and
that if they had not done so, the leaders should inform the
party about the same.
Earlier on September 25, a circular was sent to the MPs
and MLAs by UPCC president Rita Bahuguna Joshi in this
Dwivedi, however, stressed that he has already got
positive response from all the concerned leaders who assured
that they would act as per directions of the party high
There are 21 MPs, 19 MLA and three MLCs belonging to the
party in Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'