Use seat belts, helmets or face action: UP Govt
Lucknow: Stern action will be taken against people not using seat belts and helmets, Uttar Pradesh Transport Minister Raja Mahendra Aridaman Singh on Wednesday warned.
At a meeting of state road safety council he also said that those driving at high speed or in an inebriated condition would not be spared.
He directed transport department officials to issue driving licences to only trained people who fulfilled all norms.
Singh said the government would take all possible measures to check road accidents on highways and was committed to implement them strictly.
The minister directed that overloading by commercial vehicles on highways and passenger vehicles in the cities should be checked strictly for which checking should be done on a regular basis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you