Use seat belts, helmets or face action: UP Govt
Lucknow: Stern action will be taken against people not using seat belts and helmets, Uttar Pradesh Transport Minister Raja Mahendra Aridaman Singh on Wednesday warned.
At a meeting of state road safety council he also said that those driving at high speed or in an inebriated condition would not be spared.
He directed transport department officials to issue driving licences to only trained people who fulfilled all norms.
Singh said the government would take all possible measures to check road accidents on highways and was committed to implement them strictly.
The minister directed that overloading by commercial vehicles on highways and passenger vehicles in the cities should be checked strictly for which checking should be done on a regular basis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack