Use seat belts, helmets or face action: UP Govt
Lucknow: Stern action will be taken against people not using seat belts and helmets, Uttar Pradesh Transport Minister Raja Mahendra Aridaman Singh on Wednesday warned.
At a meeting of state road safety council he also said that those driving at high speed or in an inebriated condition would not be spared.
He directed transport department officials to issue driving licences to only trained people who fulfilled all norms.
Singh said the government would take all possible measures to check road accidents on highways and was committed to implement them strictly.
The minister directed that overloading by commercial vehicles on highways and passenger vehicles in the cities should be checked strictly for which checking should be done on a regular basis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- 7th Pay Commission: Delhi govt notifies hike in salaries, pensions for over 1 lakh employees
- Olympics 2016: Andy Murray dominates in Rio Games, outsider Monica Puig arrives on big stage
- SALUTE! What a mom she is! This lady catches her son teasing girl - WATCH what happened next
- Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra's 'workout tips' will give you major 'Baar Baar Dekho' feels! Pic inside
- PM inaugurates Stor Palace, says Indians will always be with Afghanistan