Use seat belts, helmets or face action: UP Govt
Lucknow: Stern action will be taken against people not using seat belts and helmets, Uttar Pradesh Transport Minister Raja Mahendra Aridaman Singh on Wednesday warned.
At a meeting of state road safety council he also said that those driving at high speed or in an inebriated condition would not be spared.
He directed transport department officials to issue driving licences to only trained people who fulfilled all norms.
Singh said the government would take all possible measures to check road accidents on highways and was committed to implement them strictly.
The minister directed that overloading by commercial vehicles on highways and passenger vehicles in the cities should be checked strictly for which checking should be done on a regular basis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ruling due on whether IMF chief to face trial in France
- Vodafone reports better-than-expected 2.2% rise in Q1 revenue
- Ranbir, Anushka all set to shoot romantic rain sequence
- 7th Pay Commission: CBSE chief R K Chaturvedi gets additional charge of implementation cell
- PM Modi lays foundations stone of AIIMS Gorakhpur, reopens sick fertiliser plant