Village head shot dead in UP
Unnao (UP): A village head was killed and his associate injured allegedly by a former sarpanch and his aides over election-related rivalry in Makhi area here.
Rakesh Rawat, head of Deepgarhi village, was killed in indiscriminate firing by former village head Rajaipal and his aides while the former was going to attend a function on the occasion of Nagpanchami late last evening, circle officer DD Chaturvedi said on Tuesday.
Rakesh`s associate Suresh also sustained bullet injury and was admitted to Nawabganj primary health centre, he said.
Rajaipal had lost the election to Rakesh by a margin of 35 votes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday