Village head shot dead
Aligarh: A village head was allegedly shot dead by two unidentified bike-borne youths over some old enmity near Manpur village, about 50 kms from here, police said on Tuesday.
The incident took place yesterday when Talibar Prasad, head of Mau village in the district, was stopped by two armed miscreants while he was on his way back home, they said.
Later, after they had a heated argument between them, the miscreants opened fire at him, leading to his death on the spot, they said.
Police claimed that a rivalry connected with the recently concluded Panchayat polls appears to be the motive behind the killing.
On the complaint of the victim`s family, a case has been registered against five persons of the same village, police said, adding that further probes are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka