When did Beni Pd Verma learn astrology to predict poll results?: Samajwadi Party
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party on Thursday ridiculed Union Minister Beni Prasad Verma`s statement that the Mulayam Singh-led party would get only four seats in Lok Sabha polls, questioning when did he learn astrology to predict poll results?
"When has he (Beni) learnt astrology that he has started predicting that Samajwadi Party will win only four seats?" party spokesman Rajendra Chowdhury told reporters here.
He was reacting on Beni`s statement that Samajwadi Party would be confined to only four seats and Congress would win 50 seats.
The Union Steel Minister had also purportedly said that the Samajwadi Party would be on `arthi` (funeral pyre) in the next general elections.
He said that Beni, who has termed Mulayam Singh Yadav`s stand on Chinese incursion as a drama, should be immediately sacked from the Union Ministry.
Beni had recently triggered a storm by alleging Mulayam had "terrorist links" leading to calls for his removal from the Union Ministry. He had later regretted his remarks after being ticked off by the Congress leadership.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Lionel Messi retirement: Argentine president, Diego Maradona ask him not to quit
- Global stocks extend losses, sterling near 30-year lows in Brexit aftermath
- Gunbattle breaks out between security forces, militants in J&K's Kupwara
- American Senator wants US to stop issuing visas to Indians
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic