When the Chambal dacoits gave her gifts!
Greater Noida: Even the hardest of hearts
can melt! In an incident which seems to be straight from a
story book, a housewife`s guts moved a dacoit so much so that
he made her his sister and presented her jewellery and cash.
36-year-old Sarjana Singh alias Gudiya`s husband Ajit
Singh, a lecturer at Dehradun college, had gone to Agra on
August 5 from where he was abducted and taken to Chambal.
Gudiya, who went along with the ransom to the dreaded
chambal ravines to bring back her husband, not only succeeded
in her `mission`, but also got two gold earrings and Rs 5,100
"I got nervous when I met the dacoits and my hands
started trembling. But the sardar (gang leader) praised me
saying I was courageous enough to have come to a place where
no woman would dare to step," she said.
Gudiya managed to get her husband released after paying
Rs 43,000 cash and jewellery worth Rs 60,000 though the
kidnappers had demanded Rs 10 lakh as ransom.
"The sardar was moved by my sentiments and made me his
sister. Not only that, he also gave me two earrings and Rs
5,100 as gift," she said.
Revealing the humane side of the kidnappers, she appealed
to the society and administration to bring them back into the
"The dacoits were very humane. They felt ashamed after
taking the ransom money from me...," Gudiya said.
"Circumstances have made them dacoits. Nobody is a born
dacoit. Society and administration should take a lenient view
and bring such persons into the mainstream," she appealed.
Narrating his side of the story, Ajit said he was a
diabetic but the dacoits allowed him to take his pills. "They
sympathised with me but said it was their business to earn
through kidnappings," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested