Will quit BJP if party takes tainted people: Yogi
Gorakhpur: BJP MP Yogi Adityanath on Friday warned the party`s central leadership that he would disassociate himself from the party if it continues to induct
tainted leaders and ministers expelled from BSP or any other party.
Talking to mediapersons here, he said the party has inducted expelled ministers from BSP who would have been implicated as "culprits of deaths of hundreds of children in Eastern UP due to encephalitis".
He said the government’s "apathy" is mainly responsible for escalating number of encephalitis deaths in this region.
He said while BJP was fighting in and outside Parliament for an effective Lokpal Bill to curb corruption, it will not pay to induct the persons who are directly involved in it.
He said BJP is quite aware of the "irregularities" which had taken place in implementation of NRHM in Uttar Pradesh and the people who were associated with it.
Still, the party has kept its eyes closed by inducting a tainted minister from BSP cabinet expelled on the charge of corruption in NRHM.
Yogi said there was no consensus inside the party to induct such people.
"I and others who feel that way are ready to disassociate ourselves from the party if the mistake is not corrected", the BJP MP said.
He, however, did not give any timeframe for his future course of action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over SP leader Azam Khan's controversial remark on Muslim population
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowance Committee likely to submit report on 20 February
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO