With Rs 669 crore, UP speeds up Kumbh Mela work
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government has taken up Kumbh Mela 2013 on a priority basis and asked various agencies to speed up work on a war footing, with Rs 669 crore sanctioned for the mega religious event.
An allocation of Rs 93 crore has been made for the Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Limited (UPPCL) for electrification of the venue in Allahabad, and Rs 41.92 crore to the irrigation department for strengthening embankments around the Ganga and Yamuna rivers. The Uttar Pradesh Jal Nigam has been given Rs 20.56 crore for preliminary work and the Allahabad Development Authority (ADA) Rs 50.63 crore for improving the city infrastructure.
For the religious congregation which witnesses a turnout of millions of devout from across the world, the ADA has been asked to beautify the city, and the tourism department has been sanctioned a sum of Rs 1.65 crore to erect entry gates for the Kumbh Mela complex.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note