Woman alleges rape by father-in-law in Muzaffarnagar
Muzaffarnagar: A woman has alleged that she became pregnant after being repeatedly raped by her father-in-law in neighbouring Prabudhnagar district, police said.
The victim, a resident of Kadikhera village, lodged a complaint yesterday accusing her father-in-law of repeatedly raping her.
In her complaint before the city SP, she claimed she was five months pregnant due to the rape.
She also accused her husband and mother-in-law of ignoring her plight when the matter was brought before them, police said.
The matter draws similarity with the controversial Imrana case of the district that grabbed the headlines six years back, when a community panchayat passed an edict that Imrana, a mother of five, would have to consider her husband as her son after the alleged rape by her father-in-law and that her marriage will be null and void.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP