Woman alleges rape by father-in-law in Muzaffarnagar
Muzaffarnagar: A woman has alleged that she became pregnant after being repeatedly raped by her father-in-law in neighbouring Prabudhnagar district, police said.
The victim, a resident of Kadikhera village, lodged a complaint yesterday accusing her father-in-law of repeatedly raping her.
In her complaint before the city SP, she claimed she was five months pregnant due to the rape.
She also accused her husband and mother-in-law of ignoring her plight when the matter was brought before them, police said.
The matter draws similarity with the controversial Imrana case of the district that grabbed the headlines six years back, when a community panchayat passed an edict that Imrana, a mother of five, would have to consider her husband as her son after the alleged rape by her father-in-law and that her marriage will be null and void.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today