Woman alleges rape by father-in-law in Muzaffarnagar
Muzaffarnagar: A woman has alleged that she became pregnant after being repeatedly raped by her father-in-law in neighbouring Prabudhnagar district, police said.
The victim, a resident of Kadikhera village, lodged a complaint yesterday accusing her father-in-law of repeatedly raping her.
In her complaint before the city SP, she claimed she was five months pregnant due to the rape.
She also accused her husband and mother-in-law of ignoring her plight when the matter was brought before them, police said.
The matter draws similarity with the controversial Imrana case of the district that grabbed the headlines six years back, when a community panchayat passed an edict that Imrana, a mother of five, would have to consider her husband as her son after the alleged rape by her father-in-law and that her marriage will be null and void.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Puducherry: Narayanasamy to meet Lt Gov Kiran Bedi today, stake claim to form govt
- Armed squad kills 11 people in Venezuela: Official
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report
- Man arrested for trying to sell stolen car on e-commerce site