Woman alleges rape by father-in-law in Muzaffarnagar
Muzaffarnagar: A woman has alleged that she became pregnant after being repeatedly raped by her father-in-law in neighbouring Prabudhnagar district, police said.
The victim, a resident of Kadikhera village, lodged a complaint yesterday accusing her father-in-law of repeatedly raping her.
In her complaint before the city SP, she claimed she was five months pregnant due to the rape.
She also accused her husband and mother-in-law of ignoring her plight when the matter was brought before them, police said.
The matter draws similarity with the controversial Imrana case of the district that grabbed the headlines six years back, when a community panchayat passed an edict that Imrana, a mother of five, would have to consider her husband as her son after the alleged rape by her father-in-law and that her marriage will be null and void.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender