Woman raped by teen at gunpoint in Muzaffarnagar
Muzaffarnagar (UP): A woman was allegedly raped at gunpoint by a teenager who also tried to kill her in a village here, police said Saturday.
The incident took place yesterday at Gharidesh Raj village.
The youth took the woman at gunpoint to a nearby field when she was returning from the market and raped her, police said.
The accused also tried to kill the victim but fled after the woman raised an alarm, they said.
The victim has been sent for medical examination and a hunt is on for the accused, police said.
Meanwhile, an irate mob gathered outside the police station and demanded immediate arrest of the accused.
In another incident, a minor girl was allegedly abducted from neighbouring Hathras district and gangraped by a group of youths, who later dumped her in a field in Kakroli area.
The victim, who was found in a semi-conscious state today, told police that she was abducted and raped by a group of four youths, who also threw acid on her face.
She has been admitted to the district hospital and hunt is on for the culprits, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read