Woman raped by teen at gunpoint in Muzaffarnagar
Muzaffarnagar (UP): A woman was allegedly raped at gunpoint by a teenager who also tried to kill her in a village here, police said Saturday.
The incident took place yesterday at Gharidesh Raj village.
The youth took the woman at gunpoint to a nearby field when she was returning from the market and raped her, police said.
The accused also tried to kill the victim but fled after the woman raised an alarm, they said.
The victim has been sent for medical examination and a hunt is on for the accused, police said.
Meanwhile, an irate mob gathered outside the police station and demanded immediate arrest of the accused.
In another incident, a minor girl was allegedly abducted from neighbouring Hathras district and gangraped by a group of youths, who later dumped her in a field in Kakroli area.
The victim, who was found in a semi-conscious state today, told police that she was abducted and raped by a group of four youths, who also threw acid on her face.
She has been admitted to the district hospital and hunt is on for the culprits, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users