Woman raped by teen at gunpoint in Muzaffarnagar
Muzaffarnagar (UP): A woman was allegedly raped at gunpoint by a teenager who also tried to kill her in a village here, police said Saturday.
The incident took place yesterday at Gharidesh Raj village.
The youth took the woman at gunpoint to a nearby field when she was returning from the market and raped her, police said.
The accused also tried to kill the victim but fled after the woman raised an alarm, they said.
The victim has been sent for medical examination and a hunt is on for the accused, police said.
Meanwhile, an irate mob gathered outside the police station and demanded immediate arrest of the accused.
In another incident, a minor girl was allegedly abducted from neighbouring Hathras district and gangraped by a group of youths, who later dumped her in a field in Kakroli area.
The victim, who was found in a semi-conscious state today, told police that she was abducted and raped by a group of four youths, who also threw acid on her face.
She has been admitted to the district hospital and hunt is on for the culprits, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- BSP leader Brajesh Pathak joins BJP
- Piaggio launches Aprilia SR 150 in India priced at Rs 65,000
- Family of killed Dalit youths, who died in 2012 Gujarat police firing, demand CBI probe
- Won't camouflage baby bump on screen: Kareena
- J&K unrest: Kashmiris are not stone-pelters, only few are disturbing peace, says Mehbooba Mufti