15 killed, six injured as jeep plunges into gorge
Pithoragarh: Fifteen people were killed and six others injured when a overloaded jeep fell into a gorge in this border district of Uttarakhand Tuesday.
The accident occurred early this morning at Girgaon near Munsiyari town close to Indo-Nepal border when the overloaded Bolero was on its way from Samkot village to Hokra, SDM A K Shukla said.
Twelve of the victims were killed on the spot while two died on way to hospital and one succumbed to injuries during treatment, he said.
The deceased were from Girgaon and Sainrathi villages of Munsiyari sub division.
Though it is still being ascertained what led to the accident, overloading seems to be the reason behind the mishap, he said.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today