Additional funds for U`khand under MNREGA, PMGSY to build lives
Dehradun: People in crisis-hit villages of Uttarakhand will get employment for 150 days instead of 100 days under the MNREGA scheme in view of the huge losses they have suffered in the recent calamity, Union Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh on Monday said.
The labour budget of Rs 450 crore approved for the state earlier will also be revised to Rs 700 crore to help affected people get back on their feet, Ramesh, who visited the state, said.
Considering the extensive damage to houses of the poor in villages, 14,000 additional homes will be built in the state under the Indira Avas Yojana, the Union Minister said.
Additional funds will be sanctioned to the state for construction of about 500 km of roads under the PMGSY considering the huge insfrastructural damage suffered by the state in the calamity, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam