British woman allegedly gangraped in Uttarakhand
Dehradun: A British national was allegedly gangraped near the pilgrim city of Rishikesh, police said on Sunday.
The incident took place on Mar 21 night in Laxman Jhula area, 60 km from here, and an FIR was lodged yesterday against some foreigners and Indians.
It is alleged that the 30-year-old woman, who hails from London, lodged a complaint with the police but no FIR was filed. Later, she went to Delhi and lodged a report with the British Embassy and an FIR was filed after the intervention of embassy officials.
"We have picked up some people for interrogation," Superintendent of Police (SP), Pauri, Pushpak Jyoti said.
A medical examination of the woman has been conducted
but the report is awaited, Jyoti said.
Officials said it is first such incident involving a
foreigner in the state in recent past.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!