British woman allegedly gangraped in Uttarakhand
Dehradun: A British national was allegedly gangraped near the pilgrim city of Rishikesh, police said on Sunday.
The incident took place on Mar 21 night in Laxman Jhula area, 60 km from here, and an FIR was lodged yesterday against some foreigners and Indians.
It is alleged that the 30-year-old woman, who hails from London, lodged a complaint with the police but no FIR was filed. Later, she went to Delhi and lodged a report with the British Embassy and an FIR was filed after the intervention of embassy officials.
"We have picked up some people for interrogation," Superintendent of Police (SP), Pauri, Pushpak Jyoti said.
A medical examination of the woman has been conducted
but the report is awaited, Jyoti said.
Officials said it is first such incident involving a
foreigner in the state in recent past.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- The Pot Simmers: Beef Politics in UP; Beef Festival in Kerala