Congress denies move to replace Bahuguna as Uttarakhand CM
New Delhi/Dehradun: Amidst speculation about a change of guard in Uttarakhand, Congress on Friday denied any such move is and maintained Vijay Bahuguna will remain the Chief Minister.
"There is no such move. He remains Chief Minister and he will remain Chief Minister," party spokesperson Sandip Dikshit told reporters here.
Bahuguna met Congress President Sonia Gandhi in the morning triggering speculation about his continuance in the top post.
Bahuguna himself had sought to put a lid on speculation in the media about his being on the way out yesterday, saying "all is well" with him and that he heads a "stable government" in the state.
Uttarakhand Congress vice president Suryakant Dhasmana also sought to scotch rumours about Bahuguna`s removal, terming it is no more than "media speculation".
"There is no truth in this. All the talk about a change of leadership in the state is just media speculation. None of the party top brass including Rahul Gandhi, AICC incharge of Uttarakhand Ambika Soni or party spokesman Janardhan Dwivedi has even remotely suggested that the chief minister could be changed in the state.
"Then what is the justification for such a speculation?" he told.
Claiming that Bahuguna is doing well as Chief Minister, he said why would the party choose to destabilise things in the state by replacing him ahead of the Lok Sabha polls.
It is being said that Bahuguna could be replaced anytime as the party high command is not happy with his alleged "slipshod" handling of the June natural calamity that had ravaged the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire