Errant Dehradun policemen to spend a day in forest: Kewal Khurana IPS
Dehradun: Cracking the whip on errant policemen, Dehardun Police have decided to adopt a novel method of punishment in which they will spend a day in forest all alone with the bare minimum for survival.
Police personnel, found guilty of dereliction of duty or misbehaving with public will spend a day in the forest all alone with the bare minimum for survival, SSP Kewal Khurana said here today.
"The novel method has been devised to sensitise and discipline the police force in the city," SSP Keval Khurana said here today.
The move follows frequent complaints about policemen misbehaving with people who approach them for help, he said.
Personnel attached to the police lines as a punishment for dereliction of duty or misbehaving with the public will be given 15 days` time to mend their ways, failing which they will be sent to the jungle to spend 24 hours in solitude, with bare necessities to support them, like uncooked rice, pulses and two water bottles, Khurana said.
However, this punishment will be imposed on errant policemen only if they fail to show any improvement during the 15-day period, during which they will be given a heavy dose of training aimed to reform them, the SSP said.
The first ever 15-day training for cops against whom complaints of improper behaviour have been received began here yesterday, he said.
The training involves night march by errant policemen on foot to Sahaspur and Doiwala in full uniform with a rifle hanging from the shoulder. They will also be imparted training on how to behave properly with people during the period, the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi