Explosives seized in Jharkhand
Khunti: The police Friday recovered 12 kg explosive powder and materials required to make Improvised Explosive Devices during search operation in the Maoist-affected Khunti district.
Besides the explosive powder, 90 pieces of 9 volt
batteries, 90 steel cans, two bundles of electric wire, 34
bullets and other items were recovered from a forest at
Jalmandih under Rania police station, Superintendent of Police
Manoj Kaushik said.
"It appears that the Maoists had plans to make IEDs
using cans and explosives," he said.
The CRPF and the district police launched the search
operation following a tip off.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report