Explosives seized in Jharkhand
Khunti: The police Friday recovered 12 kg explosive powder and materials required to make Improvised Explosive Devices during search operation in the Maoist-affected Khunti district.
Besides the explosive powder, 90 pieces of 9 volt
batteries, 90 steel cans, two bundles of electric wire, 34
bullets and other items were recovered from a forest at
Jalmandih under Rania police station, Superintendent of Police
Manoj Kaushik said.
"It appears that the Maoists had plans to make IEDs
using cans and explosives," he said.
The CRPF and the district police launched the search
operation following a tip off.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices?
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part II
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part III
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Virat Kohli has been advised rest by Team India physiotherapist after IPL 2016: Sandeep Patil
- We are looking at future of Indian cricket: Sandeep Patil on Yuvraj, Harbhajan's axing
- If you survive in Mumbai cricket, you get rewarded: Shardul Thakur on maiden Test call-up
- Shah Rukh Khan remembers his school days, wonders how time has changed! Details inside
- Rio Olympics: Sachin Tendulkar meets wrestlers ahead of quadrennial event, boosts morale