Explosives seized in Jharkhand
Khunti: The police Friday recovered 12 kg explosive powder and materials required to make Improvised Explosive Devices during search operation in the Maoist-affected Khunti district.
Besides the explosive powder, 90 pieces of 9 volt
batteries, 90 steel cans, two bundles of electric wire, 34
bullets and other items were recovered from a forest at
Jalmandih under Rania police station, Superintendent of Police
Manoj Kaushik said.
"It appears that the Maoists had plans to make IEDs
using cans and explosives," he said.
The CRPF and the district police launched the search
operation following a tip off.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'