Govt nurses abstain from duty in Uttarakhand
Dehradun: Nurses in government hospitals of
Uttarakhand abstained from duty during the second shift of the
day for the second consecutive day today to press for their
demands, including removal of pay disparity and higher
Uttarakhand Nurses Services Association general secretary
Anjana Bhowmik said their protest would continue till their
demands are met.
The nurses are demanding an increase in their uniform and
washing allowances and removal of pay disparity between them
and other government employees.
Meanwhile, hospital authorities have pressed trainee
nurses to minimise the impact of protest on medical services.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world