Hailstorm in Doon valley
Dehra Dun: A hailstorm followed by mild
showers today hit the Dehra Dun valley and its surrounding
areas, bringing down temperature considerably.
The hailstorm lasted only for five minutes and was
scattered in the city. Maximum temperature of the day in the
capital city was recorded at 38.1 degree C, which is nearly 5
degrees above normal.
Scattered rains occurred in one or two places in the
Garhwal region also. Tehri recorded 1.2 mm of rainfall,
Mukteshwar 0.4 mm rainfall, Met office said here.
Some of the hilly and plain areas of the state are
expected to receive mild showers and may face windy conditions
in the next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani attempted suicide or big security lapse by jail authorities?
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch