Harish Rawat’s son elected youth Congress chief in Uttarakhand
Dehra Dun: Anand Singh Rawat, son of
Union minister Harish Rawat, was on Tuesday elected as the new
state youth Congress chief of Uttarakhand.
Rawat defeated his nearest rival Jyoti Rautela, a
supporter of former Chief Minister N D Tiwari, by a margin
of 441 votes, a Congress spokesman said. Rawat got 556 votes
while his rival Rautela could manage only 115 votes.
Rautela was elected vice president as she came
second. The third place went to Sangram Singh Paudir, who
became general secretary by getting 91 votes.
Om Prakash Sati got 60 votes and became the general
secretary. There are two general secretary posts.
The defeat of Rautela assumes significance as top
state leaders like Harak Singh Rawat, Vijay Bahuguna, PCC
chief Yashpal Arya, known acolytes of Tiwari, were supporting
her against the Harish Rawat camp.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city