Harish Rawat’s son elected youth Congress chief in Uttarakhand
Dehra Dun: Anand Singh Rawat, son of
Union minister Harish Rawat, was on Tuesday elected as the new
state youth Congress chief of Uttarakhand.
Rawat defeated his nearest rival Jyoti Rautela, a
supporter of former Chief Minister N D Tiwari, by a margin
of 441 votes, a Congress spokesman said. Rawat got 556 votes
while his rival Rautela could manage only 115 votes.
Rautela was elected vice president as she came
second. The third place went to Sangram Singh Paudir, who
became general secretary by getting 91 votes.
Om Prakash Sati got 60 votes and became the general
secretary. There are two general secretary posts.
The defeat of Rautela assumes significance as top
state leaders like Harak Singh Rawat, Vijay Bahuguna, PCC
chief Yashpal Arya, known acolytes of Tiwari, were supporting
her against the Harish Rawat camp.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!