IIT Roorkee student commits suicide
Dehradun: An IIT Roorkee student allegedly committed suicide by hanging himself from the ceiling fan inside his room in the hostel premises at Roorkee in Haridwar, police said today.
25-year-old Udai Tanajirao Biradare, a second year M.Tech student at IIT Roorkee was found hanging from the ceiling fan of his hostel room yesterday, Circle officer Renu Loheni said.
Biradare hailed from Latur in Maharashtra, she said.
Police have recovered a suicide note from the spot which says the victim was taking the extreme step as he had let down his parents who had expected him to become a doctor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UK's exit from EU: India prepared for all eventualities, says Shaktikanta Das
- Britain exits European Union, first country to leave 28-nation bloc
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part II
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part III
- Sahara auction: Sebi adds 16 land parcels, bid price Rs 650 crore
- Poland urges rethink of closer EU integration
- Impact of Brexit on Mahindra Group will be muted: CFO
- Donald Trump says Britons ''took back control of their country'
- Shah Rukh Khan, Hrithik Roshan laud Shekhar Kapur's daughter's soul-stirring debut song – Watch