IIT Roorkee student commits suicide
Dehradun: An IIT Roorkee student allegedly committed suicide by hanging himself from the ceiling fan inside his room in the hostel premises at Roorkee in Haridwar, police said today.
25-year-old Udai Tanajirao Biradare, a second year M.Tech student at IIT Roorkee was found hanging from the ceiling fan of his hostel room yesterday, Circle officer Renu Loheni said.
Biradare hailed from Latur in Maharashtra, she said.
Police have recovered a suicide note from the spot which says the victim was taking the extreme step as he had let down his parents who had expected him to become a doctor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends