IMA officials meet Uttarakhand police to review security
Dehra Dun: Officials of the prestigious
Indian Military Academy (IMA) on Thursday met Uttarakhand police
brass to review the security of the institution in the wake of
IMA sources, however, described it as a routine
meeting and said ever since intelligence reports have
indicated that vital installations across the country,
including IMA, are on target of terrorists, such meetings are
being held regularly to review the security of the Academy.
The Academy produces officers for Indian Army and the
Passing Out Parade of the winter batch is scheduled next
Against the backdrop of American terror suspect David
Headley`s several visits to India, the Centre yesterday warned
five states, including Uttarakhand, against terrorist attacks
particularly targeting military training academies.
The states alerted have been asked to coordinate with
the army authorities as well as the administration of Indian
Military Academy here and the National Defence Academy in
Khadakwasla about security arrangements.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed