IMA officials meet Uttarakhand police to review security
Dehra Dun: Officials of the prestigious
Indian Military Academy (IMA) on Thursday met Uttarakhand police
brass to review the security of the institution in the wake of
IMA sources, however, described it as a routine
meeting and said ever since intelligence reports have
indicated that vital installations across the country,
including IMA, are on target of terrorists, such meetings are
being held regularly to review the security of the Academy.
The Academy produces officers for Indian Army and the
Passing Out Parade of the winter batch is scheduled next
Against the backdrop of American terror suspect David
Headley`s several visits to India, the Centre yesterday warned
five states, including Uttarakhand, against terrorist attacks
particularly targeting military training academies.
The states alerted have been asked to coordinate with
the army authorities as well as the administration of Indian
Military Academy here and the National Defence Academy in
Khadakwasla about security arrangements.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars