IMA officials meet Uttarakhand police to review security
Dehra Dun: Officials of the prestigious
Indian Military Academy (IMA) on Thursday met Uttarakhand police
brass to review the security of the institution in the wake of
IMA sources, however, described it as a routine
meeting and said ever since intelligence reports have
indicated that vital installations across the country,
including IMA, are on target of terrorists, such meetings are
being held regularly to review the security of the Academy.
The Academy produces officers for Indian Army and the
Passing Out Parade of the winter batch is scheduled next
Against the backdrop of American terror suspect David
Headley`s several visits to India, the Centre yesterday warned
five states, including Uttarakhand, against terrorist attacks
particularly targeting military training academies.
The states alerted have been asked to coordinate with
the army authorities as well as the administration of Indian
Military Academy here and the National Defence Academy in
Khadakwasla about security arrangements.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IPL 2016: Axar Patel's four-wicket haul guides Kings XI Punjab to 23-run win over table-toppers Gujarat Lions
- Diesel prices in major Indian cities after latest hike!
- A much needed break! PM Modi spends some moments of solitude with a boat ride in Varanasi – Watch
- ISIS makes Indian terrorist its poster boy in new video to lure youth from country
- Russian GP: Nico Rosberg wins seventh race in succession as Lewis Hamilton recovers to second spot