Leopard mauls child to death in Dehradun
Dehradun: A five-year-old boy was mauled to death by a leopard at Basantpur village in Chamoli district, police said on Saturday.
According to police, Ayush was playing in the courtyard of his home last evening, while his mother was nearby when the leopard pounced on him and dragged him away.
The boy`s mother ran after the leopard raising an alarm. The villagers launched a search and and an hour later found the mutilated body of the boy lying about 100 metres from the village, they said.
The forest department has issued orders to kill the leopard which had reportedly attacked another child in the same area recently, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez