Leopard mauls child to death in Dehradun
Dehradun: A five-year-old boy was mauled to death by a leopard at Basantpur village in Chamoli district, police said on Saturday.
According to police, Ayush was playing in the courtyard of his home last evening, while his mother was nearby when the leopard pounced on him and dragged him away.
The boy`s mother ran after the leopard raising an alarm. The villagers launched a search and and an hour later found the mutilated body of the boy lying about 100 metres from the village, they said.
The forest department has issued orders to kill the leopard which had reportedly attacked another child in the same area recently, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured