Leopard mauls child to death in Dehradun
Dehradun: A five-year-old boy was mauled to death by a leopard at Basantpur village in Chamoli district, police said on Saturday.
According to police, Ayush was playing in the courtyard of his home last evening, while his mother was nearby when the leopard pounced on him and dragged him away.
The boy`s mother ran after the leopard raising an alarm. The villagers launched a search and and an hour later found the mutilated body of the boy lying about 100 metres from the village, they said.
The forest department has issued orders to kill the leopard which had reportedly attacked another child in the same area recently, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say