Leopard mauls child to death in Dehradun
Dehradun: A five-year-old boy was mauled to death by a leopard at Basantpur village in Chamoli district, police said on Saturday.
According to police, Ayush was playing in the courtyard of his home last evening, while his mother was nearby when the leopard pounced on him and dragged him away.
The boy`s mother ran after the leopard raising an alarm. The villagers launched a search and and an hour later found the mutilated body of the boy lying about 100 metres from the village, they said.
The forest department has issued orders to kill the leopard which had reportedly attacked another child in the same area recently, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!