Lucknow cops give one-day salary for Uttarakhand relief
Lucknow: Lucknow police personnel have donated a day`s salary to contribute towards relief and rehabilitation work in calamity-hit Uttarakhand, a police official said.
The state capital police have collected a sum of Rs 31.81 lakh.
Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Lucknow, J Ravindra Gaur, told a news agency that all policemen in the state capital have donated a day`s salary.
"It is a tragedy that has pained all of us and it was out of compassion and feeling the terrible pain for our neighbouring state that we all decided to do our bit," said Gaur.
The Uttar Pradesh government has already extended a help of Rs 25 crore to flood-ravaged Uttarakhand and has released the pension sum of over Rs 370 crore which was pending for several years.
The ruling Samajwadi Party legislators have also given Rs 10 lakh from their local area development fund and Rs 50,000 each from their own pocket.
UP Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav has also donated his one-month salary to the hill state.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'