Mukul Sangma and MLAs to donate a month`s salary
Shillong: Meghalaya Chief Minister Mukul Sangma on Monday announced that he would donate a month`s salary for flood-ravaged Uttarakhand, while appealing to all legislators to follow suit.
"We are requesting all our Congress MLAs and all friends in the MUA government to be generous in giving one month’s salary starting with the chief minister," Sangma said, adding that he has written to all members of the 60-member house.
"We need to stand together and provide whatever assistance we can give as it is a national disaster with so many lives lost," Sangma said.
The Meghalaya Paragliding Association would also assist the rescue teams of the army and paramilitary forces deployed in Uttarakhand, the chief minister said.
"I personally feel that their services can be use in reaching out to those areas which where helicopters cannot reach," Sangma said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal