Mukul Sangma and MLAs to donate a month`s salary
Shillong: Meghalaya Chief Minister Mukul Sangma on Monday announced that he would donate a month`s salary for flood-ravaged Uttarakhand, while appealing to all legislators to follow suit.
"We are requesting all our Congress MLAs and all friends in the MUA government to be generous in giving one month’s salary starting with the chief minister," Sangma said, adding that he has written to all members of the 60-member house.
"We need to stand together and provide whatever assistance we can give as it is a national disaster with so many lives lost," Sangma said.
The Meghalaya Paragliding Association would also assist the rescue teams of the army and paramilitary forces deployed in Uttarakhand, the chief minister said.
"I personally feel that their services can be use in reaching out to those areas which where helicopters cannot reach," Sangma said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!