No work in Kedarnath, govt tried to hide its failure: Nishank
Dehradun: BJP leader Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank on Friday demanded resignation of Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna, alleging that his government has done nothing to rebuild the Kedarnath shrine and adjoining areas, and has tried to keep its failure under the wraps.
Launching a frontal attack on Bahuguna, Nishank, a former Chief Minister, alleged that locals were barred from taking part in the September 11 puja at the shrine as the "government wanted to keep the actual situation there under the wraps."
"No work was done by the government in these three months. Bodies are still lying here and there. Whatever has been done there for cleaning up the area, it has been done by the Kedarnath-Badrinath Mandir Samiti," Nishank said.
He also criticised the state government for not allowing the locals and other devotees to take part in the puja.
Requesting Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to send a fact-finding team to Kedarnath under Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj, Nishank, while addressing a press conference here, claimed that there was "open loot" in the houses that sustained the nature`s fury.
The BJP leader also demanded that the government should bring a white paper in the Assembly over the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow