PM shocked at deaths in helicopter crash during relief ops
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Tuesday expressed shock at the loss of lives in a helicopter crash during relief operations in flood-hit Uttarakhand.
"This accident during relief operations has come as a huge shock to me. My heart goes out to the families of those who have lost their lives. The nation mourns with me the loss of our heroes whose selfless work has saved thousands of lives," Singh said.
"Our forces are conducting a heroic task in rescue and relief work in Uttarakhand. ... Continuing their work would be the best homage to them," he added.
Several people were feared killed when an IAF helicopter crashed near Gaurikund in Uttarakhand during rescue operations.
Among the dead were three IAF officers, an Air Force spokesperson said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere