Sun comes out in U`khand, road clearance work gains pace
Dehradun: After a spell of intermittent rains, weather in Uttarakhand cleared up Monday, allowing the Border Road Organisation (BRO) men to fast-track the work of clearing various key roads blocked due to recurring lansdslips.
ADM Chamoli Sanjay Kumar said the Badrinath highway, which is blocked for past several days at Narayanbagad, will soon be reopened as the work gained momentum with the sun coming out.
National Highway number 109 in Rudraprayag district continued to be blocked in Semi but the work to remove debris is going on in full swing, an official said.
According to the MeT department, there were reports of light rains from some parts of the state, but the weather remained largely clear during the past 24 hours.
Dehradun received the maximum 31.4 mm of showers till 8.30 AM today, followed by Rishikesh 20.6 mm and Joshimath 18.8 mm, the MeT report said.
Pauri received a negligible 5 mm of rainfall while Nainital recorded 0.4 mm of showers, it said.
According to the department`s forecast, light to moderate rains are expected at most places in the state in during the next 12 to 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head