Sun comes out in U`khand, road clearance work gains pace
Dehradun: After a spell of intermittent rains, weather in Uttarakhand cleared up Monday, allowing the Border Road Organisation (BRO) men to fast-track the work of clearing various key roads blocked due to recurring lansdslips.
ADM Chamoli Sanjay Kumar said the Badrinath highway, which is blocked for past several days at Narayanbagad, will soon be reopened as the work gained momentum with the sun coming out.
National Highway number 109 in Rudraprayag district continued to be blocked in Semi but the work to remove debris is going on in full swing, an official said.
According to the MeT department, there were reports of light rains from some parts of the state, but the weather remained largely clear during the past 24 hours.
Dehradun received the maximum 31.4 mm of showers till 8.30 AM today, followed by Rishikesh 20.6 mm and Joshimath 18.8 mm, the MeT report said.
Pauri received a negligible 5 mm of rainfall while Nainital recorded 0.4 mm of showers, it said.
According to the department`s forecast, light to moderate rains are expected at most places in the state in during the next 12 to 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Narsingh Yadav doping row: Did brother of international wrestler spike his food in Sonipat?
- 1st Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka vs Australia - As it happened...
- ALARMING: Terrorist captured alive by security forces in Kashmir is a Pakistani from Lahore
- Sensex stages strong comeback, climbs 144 points in early trade
- US reaffirms cooperation with India in fight against terrorism