Togadia speech triggers tension in Uttarakhand town
Khatima (U`khand): Communal tension gripped
the area after VHP leader Praveen Togadia allegedly made a
provocative speech against Muslims here today, intelligence
A report on this incident has been sent to the state
government, a senior intelligence official said.
Togadia allegedly made provocative remarks relating to a
scripture, jehad, and reservation for Muslims, which triggered
tension in the area, the official said.
The organisers of the programme had assured not to use
loudspeakers, but later they used it, he said.
Additional police force have been deployed in the area as
a precautionary measure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!