Togadia speech triggers tension in Uttarakhand town
Khatima (U`khand): Communal tension gripped
the area after VHP leader Praveen Togadia allegedly made a
provocative speech against Muslims here today, intelligence
A report on this incident has been sent to the state
government, a senior intelligence official said.
Togadia allegedly made provocative remarks relating to a
scripture, jehad, and reservation for Muslims, which triggered
tension in the area, the official said.
The organisers of the programme had assured not to use
loudspeakers, but later they used it, he said.
Additional police force have been deployed in the area as
a precautionary measure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack