Togadia speech triggers tension in Uttarakhand town
Khatima (U`khand): Communal tension gripped
the area after VHP leader Praveen Togadia allegedly made a
provocative speech against Muslims here today, intelligence
A report on this incident has been sent to the state
government, a senior intelligence official said.
Togadia allegedly made provocative remarks relating to a
scripture, jehad, and reservation for Muslims, which triggered
tension in the area, the official said.
The organisers of the programme had assured not to use
loudspeakers, but later they used it, he said.
Additional police force have been deployed in the area as
a precautionary measure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Majithia defamation case: Arvind Kejriwal gets bail in defamation case in Punjab
- Know why PSU bank employees went on strike on Friday
- Pope Francis to pay `silent` visit to Auschwitz
- ‘Dishoom’ movie tweet review
- Rahul Gandhi's inflation-related speech ''baseless'', just wants to grab people's attention: BJP