Togadia speech triggers tension in Uttarakhand town
Khatima (U`khand): Communal tension gripped
the area after VHP leader Praveen Togadia allegedly made a
provocative speech against Muslims here today, intelligence
A report on this incident has been sent to the state
government, a senior intelligence official said.
Togadia allegedly made provocative remarks relating to a
scripture, jehad, and reservation for Muslims, which triggered
tension in the area, the official said.
The organisers of the programme had assured not to use
loudspeakers, but later they used it, he said.
Additional police force have been deployed in the area as
a precautionary measure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Parliament deadlock: BJP says blame Sonia if Monsoon Session washed out, calls Congress 'confused'