Togadia speech triggers tension in Uttarakhand town
Khatima (U`khand): Communal tension gripped
the area after VHP leader Praveen Togadia allegedly made a
provocative speech against Muslims here today, intelligence
A report on this incident has been sent to the state
government, a senior intelligence official said.
Togadia allegedly made provocative remarks relating to a
scripture, jehad, and reservation for Muslims, which triggered
tension in the area, the official said.
The organisers of the programme had assured not to use
loudspeakers, but later they used it, he said.
Additional police force have been deployed in the area as
a precautionary measure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Left, JD(U) leaders to visit Una today
- BJP hits back at Pakistan, says talks with Islamabad only on terrorism issue and not on Kashmir
- Sensex ends 93 points up on earnings lift, fund inflows
- Vaccinated and Ready: IOC special invitee Sachin Tendulkar to support India at 2016 Rio Olympics
- Rupee hits 1-week high of 67.08 vs USD, gains 9 paise