Tripura to donate Rs one crore to Uttarakhand
Agartala: Tripura`s Chief Minister Manik Sarkar on Wednesday announced that Rs one crore will be contributed by the state towards the relief of flood victims in Uttarakhand.
"We will donate the money (Rs 1 crore) to the Uttarakhand Chief Minister`s Relief Fund soon," Sarkar told reporters here.
"We feel that this is our moral duty to stand behind the people of Uttarakhand," he said while asking the people of his state to donate generously.
Tripura Governor Devanand Konwar has also announced he would donate his one month`s salary of Rs 1.10 lakh for the flood victims in Uttarakhand.
Unprecedented heavy rain and landslides since June 15 devastated the mountainous state of Uttarakhand, claiming hundreds of lives and affecting thousands of people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report