Tripura to donate Rs one crore to Uttarakhand
Agartala: Tripura`s Chief Minister Manik Sarkar on Wednesday announced that Rs one crore will be contributed by the state towards the relief of flood victims in Uttarakhand.
"We will donate the money (Rs 1 crore) to the Uttarakhand Chief Minister`s Relief Fund soon," Sarkar told reporters here.
"We feel that this is our moral duty to stand behind the people of Uttarakhand," he said while asking the people of his state to donate generously.
Tripura Governor Devanand Konwar has also announced he would donate his one month`s salary of Rs 1.10 lakh for the flood victims in Uttarakhand.
Unprecedented heavy rain and landslides since June 15 devastated the mountainous state of Uttarakhand, claiming hundreds of lives and affecting thousands of people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Amaal Mallik excited about his 'Baar Baar Dekho' track
- Gael Monfils to face Ivo Karlovic in Washington Open final
- Olympics 2016: IOC faces historic call on Russia Rio ban
- Kashmir unrest over Burhan Wani's killing: Curfew lifted from these four districts - FULL DETAILS
- Salman Khan plans a special birthday party for alleged girlfriend Iulia Vantur? - Know more