Tripura to donate Rs one crore to Uttarakhand
Agartala: Tripura`s Chief Minister Manik Sarkar on Wednesday announced that Rs one crore will be contributed by the state towards the relief of flood victims in Uttarakhand.
"We will donate the money (Rs 1 crore) to the Uttarakhand Chief Minister`s Relief Fund soon," Sarkar told reporters here.
"We feel that this is our moral duty to stand behind the people of Uttarakhand," he said while asking the people of his state to donate generously.
Tripura Governor Devanand Konwar has also announced he would donate his one month`s salary of Rs 1.10 lakh for the flood victims in Uttarakhand.
Unprecedented heavy rain and landslides since June 15 devastated the mountainous state of Uttarakhand, claiming hundreds of lives and affecting thousands of people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley