Tripura to donate Rs one crore to Uttarakhand
Agartala: Tripura`s Chief Minister Manik Sarkar on Wednesday announced that Rs one crore will be contributed by the state towards the relief of flood victims in Uttarakhand.
"We will donate the money (Rs 1 crore) to the Uttarakhand Chief Minister`s Relief Fund soon," Sarkar told reporters here.
"We feel that this is our moral duty to stand behind the people of Uttarakhand," he said while asking the people of his state to donate generously.
Tripura Governor Devanand Konwar has also announced he would donate his one month`s salary of Rs 1.10 lakh for the flood victims in Uttarakhand.
Unprecedented heavy rain and landslides since June 15 devastated the mountainous state of Uttarakhand, claiming hundreds of lives and affecting thousands of people.
- Assembly polls 2016: Arch political rivals PM Narendra Modi, Sonia Gandhi soon to hit Kerala
- Several radical mosques under surveillance: German intelligence head
- NEET exemption row: Supreme Court to hear fresh plea regarding MBBS, BDS entrance test today
- Prisoners revolt in Syria's Hama jail, seize guards - Syrian Observatory
- Spain misses deadline for new government, June election set