Tripura to donate Rs one crore to Uttarakhand
Agartala: Tripura`s Chief Minister Manik Sarkar on Wednesday announced that Rs one crore will be contributed by the state towards the relief of flood victims in Uttarakhand.
"We will donate the money (Rs 1 crore) to the Uttarakhand Chief Minister`s Relief Fund soon," Sarkar told reporters here.
"We feel that this is our moral duty to stand behind the people of Uttarakhand," he said while asking the people of his state to donate generously.
Tripura Governor Devanand Konwar has also announced he would donate his one month`s salary of Rs 1.10 lakh for the flood victims in Uttarakhand.
Unprecedented heavy rain and landslides since June 15 devastated the mountainous state of Uttarakhand, claiming hundreds of lives and affecting thousands of people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Swiss fighter jet missing, believed crashed: Ministry
- PM Narendra Modi reviews plans to counter strike by trade unions
- 'Indo-US logistic pact is not agreement to set up bases'
- Defiant Rousseff says Brazil's democracy on trial with her
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir