Two Russians killed, nine injured as vehicle falls in Uttarakhand`s Bhagirathi river
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
Dehradun: A vehicle ferrying some Russian nationals to Gangotri in Uttarakhand, fell off the road at Bhagori village in Uttarkashi district and drowned into Bhagirathi river on Tuesday.
While two were killed and nine others got injured, one is still missing. Among the injured eight were women.
As per a report, the driver, an Indian from Rishikesh, lost control of the vehicle that caused the accident.
Bodies of two Russians, one of them a woman, have been recovered while one of the passengers was missing, an official said.
The incident occurred a day after over 20 students got drowned in Beas river in Himachal Pradesh due to alleged negligence of Larji hydropower plant administration.
Soon after the incident, the senior officials reached the spot and began rescue operation. Moreover, the injured were immediately taken to Jollygrant hospital in Dehradun.
According to the hospital staff, injured have multiple fractures, yet none is in serious condition.
Bhagirathi is one of the two headstreams of the Ganga and is considered as the source stream of the holy river.
In June last year, flash floods caused from heavy rainfall swept away mountainsides, villages and towns, thousands of people, animals, agricultural fields, irrigation canals, domestic water sources, dams, roads, bridges, and buildings in.
Over 10,000 people were killed in the natural disaster.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!