U’khand: AI gives concession to flood-hit outbound passengers
New Delhi: Air India Friday announced concessional fares for flood-hit outbound passengers from Dehradun as it joined Pawan Hans Helicopters Limited (PHHL) to deploy their resources to help in search, rescue and evacuation operations in flood-hit Uttarakhand.
Coming to the aid of the stranded tourists and pilgrims, Air India announced it would charge 50 per cent of the basic fare for people travelling out of Dehradun to anywhere in the country.
The national carrier would also deploy special flights to evacuate people stranded for days in the flood-hit region, an airline official said.
PHHL has already deployed three helicopters in the search and rescue operations going on in the affected areas and would press into service additional resources in coordination with the state administration.
Air India top brass, including CMD Rohit Nandan, have donated a day`s salary for the aid of the affected people and appealed to all other staffers to make similar contribution, airline sources said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know