U`khand budget by May end focusing on employment
Dehradun: Uttarakhand Finance Minister Indira Hridayesh would present the state budget by the end of this month with a focus on employment generation, official sources said here.
An indication to this effect was given by Chief Secretary Alok Kumar Jain who instructed the officers to keep in mind the priorities of the government while preparing the budget proposals.
Jain, who became new Chief Secretary early this week, said that a synopsis of the development efforts should be reflected in the budget and emphasis be given to employment generating programmes.
Chairing a meeting on the budget during the weekend, the Chief Secretary instructed the officers to ensure the overall development of all the areas when drafting the budget proposals.
He said that the budget session was likely to begin from May 28 and the budget work be completed accordingly.
Emphasising on the importance of the Vir Chandra Garhwali Self Employment Tourism Scheme, he asked the officers to prepare the blueprint of Unemployment Allowance.
Jain also suggested development of a pro-industry environment in the state to attract more investors.
With the setting up of a separate ministry for minority welfare, Jain said resources had to be generated for it and welfare schemes for minorities be included in the budget.
He wanted proper utilisation of funds to be ensured in flagship programmes, externally funded and centrally funded programs with participation of the public sector wherever necessary.
Advocating for strengthening of the public distribution system and simplifying government processes, the chief secretary laid emphasis on utilisation of information technology to promote e-governance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- Newborn with Zika virus found infected 2 months after birth
- Govinda ala re! Bollywood wishes Happy Janmashtami to all—See inside
- This is how CPI-M countered BJP’s Janmashtami procession in Kerala
- Six killed, 25 injured in bus-truck collusion in China
- Rajnath Singh assures alternative to pellet guns in Kashmir; Mufti says stone-pelting, attacking security camps won't bring peace