U`khand CM asks Ramdev to name minister who demanded bribe
Dehra Dun: Uttarakhand Chief Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank on Sunday asked yoga guru Baba Ramdev to name the minister who he claimed had demanded a bribe of Rs two crore to allow him to set up a new trust.
"Baba Ramdev must reveal the identity of the minister concerned," Nishank told reporters here as he promised to take stern action against the minister who dared to ask for a bribe from the yoga guru.
Last week, Ramdev had claimed that a Uttarakhand minister had demanded Rs two crore from him about a couple of years ago to permit him for setting up a new trust. The
allegation spurted protests from Opposition Congress, which demanded a CBI probe into the charges.
Earlier, BC Khanduri, who was the chief minister between March 2007 and June 2009, had also asked him to name the minister, saying such allegations were denting his image.
Echoing the chief minister demand, Uttarakhand Krant Dal (UKD), a coalition partner of the ruling BJP, has also said "If Ramdev is speaking truth, he must come forward and
disclose the name in the national interest in order to unravel the mystery."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India