U`khand govt duty-bound to implement Lokayukta Act: BJP
Dehradun: The BJP on Tuesday said it is binding on the state government to implement the Uttarakhand Lokayukta Act ratified recently by President Pranab Mukherjee.
Uncertainty hangs over the implementation of the Act in Uttarakhand with Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna expressing reservations about some of its provisions and indicating that amendments could be made before its enactment.
"In chapter one of the Uttarakhand Lokayukta bill it is clearly mentioned that once it gets the presidential assent it has to come into force within 180 days. Therefore, the state government has got to implement it," state BJP spokesman Prakash Suman Dhyani said in a statement here.
"If the state government is contemplating amendments in the Act it will have to first implement it. Then alone can it go for amendments," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof