U`khand Guv to donate one month`s salary for flood-hit people
Nainital: Uttarakhand Governor Aziz Qureshi will donate his one month`s salary for the flood-hit people of the state.
Besides this, he will also give 10 per cent of his salary every month for relief work till normalcy is restored in the rain-ravaged state, an offical spokesman said.
Rajya Sabha BJP MP and former Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Shanta Kumar has also given Rs 25 lakh from his Member of Parliament Local Area Development fund for the victims of Uttarakhand floods.
Kumar told PTI he had also donated Rs one lakh personally to the Prime Minister`s Relief fund for the victims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list