U`khand Guv to donate one month`s salary for flood-hit people
Nainital: Uttarakhand Governor Aziz Qureshi will donate his one month`s salary for the flood-hit people of the state.
Besides this, he will also give 10 per cent of his salary every month for relief work till normalcy is restored in the rain-ravaged state, an offical spokesman said.
Rajya Sabha BJP MP and former Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Shanta Kumar has also given Rs 25 lakh from his Member of Parliament Local Area Development fund for the victims of Uttarakhand floods.
Kumar told PTI he had also donated Rs one lakh personally to the Prime Minister`s Relief fund for the victims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!