UP CM announces Rs 20L for kin of jawan killed in chopper crash
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav Wednesday announced a compensation of Rs 20 lakh to the family of an armed force personnel from this state killed in the IAF chopper crash in Uttarakhand.
Among those killed, a Sudhakar hailed from the state and the government would give Rs 20 lakh assistance to his kin, said the CM.
At the moment, it is not known which force was Sudhakar attached to or which part of the state he hailed from.
While condoling the death of all those killed in the crash yesterday, Yadav said that the courage showed by these personnel would always be remembered.
Meanwhile, the Uttar Pradesh government has decided to give Uttrakahand Rs 350.79 crore, which it had to give to the state under the pension head in installments, said an official release of the state government.
In 2009-2010, after the division of pension expenses of the employees between the two states, UP had to pay Rs 350.79 crores to Uttrakhand, the release said.
It was decided that the amount would be paid in installments, but due to the tragedy there, the Chief Minister has decided to give the amount immediately so that it could be used in providing relief to the people, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'