UP CM announces Rs 20L for kin of jawan killed in chopper crash
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav Wednesday announced a compensation of Rs 20 lakh to the family of an armed force personnel from this state killed in the IAF chopper crash in Uttarakhand.
Among those killed, a Sudhakar hailed from the state and the government would give Rs 20 lakh assistance to his kin, said the CM.
At the moment, it is not known which force was Sudhakar attached to or which part of the state he hailed from.
While condoling the death of all those killed in the crash yesterday, Yadav said that the courage showed by these personnel would always be remembered.
Meanwhile, the Uttar Pradesh government has decided to give Uttrakahand Rs 350.79 crore, which it had to give to the state under the pension head in installments, said an official release of the state government.
In 2009-2010, after the division of pension expenses of the employees between the two states, UP had to pay Rs 350.79 crores to Uttrakhand, the release said.
It was decided that the amount would be paid in installments, but due to the tragedy there, the Chief Minister has decided to give the amount immediately so that it could be used in providing relief to the people, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report