UP CM announces Rs 20L for kin of jawan killed in chopper crash
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav Wednesday announced a compensation of Rs 20 lakh to the family of an armed force personnel from this state killed in the IAF chopper crash in Uttarakhand.
Among those killed, a Sudhakar hailed from the state and the government would give Rs 20 lakh assistance to his kin, said the CM.
At the moment, it is not known which force was Sudhakar attached to or which part of the state he hailed from.
While condoling the death of all those killed in the crash yesterday, Yadav said that the courage showed by these personnel would always be remembered.
Meanwhile, the Uttar Pradesh government has decided to give Uttrakahand Rs 350.79 crore, which it had to give to the state under the pension head in installments, said an official release of the state government.
In 2009-2010, after the division of pension expenses of the employees between the two states, UP had to pay Rs 350.79 crores to Uttrakhand, the release said.
It was decided that the amount would be paid in installments, but due to the tragedy there, the Chief Minister has decided to give the amount immediately so that it could be used in providing relief to the people, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?