UP CM announces Rs 20L for kin of jawan killed in chopper crash
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav Wednesday announced a compensation of Rs 20 lakh to the family of an armed force personnel from this state killed in the IAF chopper crash in Uttarakhand.
Among those killed, a Sudhakar hailed from the state and the government would give Rs 20 lakh assistance to his kin, said the CM.
At the moment, it is not known which force was Sudhakar attached to or which part of the state he hailed from.
While condoling the death of all those killed in the crash yesterday, Yadav said that the courage showed by these personnel would always be remembered.
Meanwhile, the Uttar Pradesh government has decided to give Uttrakahand Rs 350.79 crore, which it had to give to the state under the pension head in installments, said an official release of the state government.
In 2009-2010, after the division of pension expenses of the employees between the two states, UP had to pay Rs 350.79 crores to Uttrakhand, the release said.
It was decided that the amount would be paid in installments, but due to the tragedy there, the Chief Minister has decided to give the amount immediately so that it could be used in providing relief to the people, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next