Uttarakhand govt gives financial aid to Delhi gang-rape victim’s kin
Dehradun: The Uttarakhand government on Monday handed over a cheque of Rs 5 lakh to Delhi`s Safdarjung hospital authorities towards financial assistance to kin of Delhi gang-rape victim.
Days after the gang-rape incident, Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna had announced in December last year that the amount will be given to the family of the victim as financial assistance, an official release said here on Monday.
Major Manoj Kumar Gupta, posted in Delhi`s Uttarkhand Niwas, handed over the cheque to senior doctor of Safdarjung hospital Dr Makwana on behalf of Bahuguna, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened