Uttarakhand govt gives financial aid to Delhi gang-rape victim’s kin
Dehradun: The Uttarakhand government on Monday handed over a cheque of Rs 5 lakh to Delhi`s Safdarjung hospital authorities towards financial assistance to kin of Delhi gang-rape victim.
Days after the gang-rape incident, Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna had announced in December last year that the amount will be given to the family of the victim as financial assistance, an official release said here on Monday.
Major Manoj Kumar Gupta, posted in Delhi`s Uttarkhand Niwas, handed over the cheque to senior doctor of Safdarjung hospital Dr Makwana on behalf of Bahuguna, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!