Uttarakhand govt gives financial aid to Delhi gang-rape victim’s kin
Dehradun: The Uttarakhand government on Monday handed over a cheque of Rs 5 lakh to Delhi`s Safdarjung hospital authorities towards financial assistance to kin of Delhi gang-rape victim.
Days after the gang-rape incident, Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna had announced in December last year that the amount will be given to the family of the victim as financial assistance, an official release said here on Monday.
Major Manoj Kumar Gupta, posted in Delhi`s Uttarkhand Niwas, handed over the cheque to senior doctor of Safdarjung hospital Dr Makwana on behalf of Bahuguna, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India