Uttarakhand govt gives financial aid to Delhi gang-rape victim’s kin
Dehradun: The Uttarakhand government on Monday handed over a cheque of Rs 5 lakh to Delhi`s Safdarjung hospital authorities towards financial assistance to kin of Delhi gang-rape victim.
Days after the gang-rape incident, Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna had announced in December last year that the amount will be given to the family of the victim as financial assistance, an official release said here on Monday.
Major Manoj Kumar Gupta, posted in Delhi`s Uttarkhand Niwas, handed over the cheque to senior doctor of Safdarjung hospital Dr Makwana on behalf of Bahuguna, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you