Uttarakhand govt gives financial aid to Delhi gang-rape victim’s kin
Dehradun: The Uttarakhand government on Monday handed over a cheque of Rs 5 lakh to Delhi`s Safdarjung hospital authorities towards financial assistance to kin of Delhi gang-rape victim.
Days after the gang-rape incident, Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna had announced in December last year that the amount will be given to the family of the victim as financial assistance, an official release said here on Monday.
Major Manoj Kumar Gupta, posted in Delhi`s Uttarkhand Niwas, handed over the cheque to senior doctor of Safdarjung hospital Dr Makwana on behalf of Bahuguna, it said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark