Uttarakhand rains: Body found from collapsed houses
Dehradun: Body of a woman was on Monday recovered from under the rubble of collapsed houses in Parsoli village of Pauri district where heavy rains had wreaked havoc recently flattening a number of houses in several villages and killing 14 persons.
During search and rescue operations by NDRF personnel in Parsoli village, the body was recovered from the debris of the collapsed houses, a bulletin from the State Disaster Mitigation and Management Centre said here.
Meanwhile, search and rescue efforts launched by the Army in other villages of Yamkeshwar area including Diyuli, Dhamand and Tureda a few days ago have come to an end with no possibility of more bodies still being trapped, it said.
Many roads in Yamkeshwar and Lansdowne areas are blocked by debris, it said.
28 motor roads are blocked in Rudraprayag district and as many in Chamoli. 10 motor roads are blocked in Nainital, eight in Bageshwar and four in Almora district, it said.
Rain related incidents especially collapse of houses and falling debris from hillsides had claimed 14 lives in Pauri on August 15 with villages falling under Yamkeshwar tehsil accounting for the highest number of 12 casualties.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis