Uttarakhand rains: Body found from collapsed houses
Dehradun: Body of a woman was on Monday recovered from under the rubble of collapsed houses in Parsoli village of Pauri district where heavy rains had wreaked havoc recently flattening a number of houses in several villages and killing 14 persons.
During search and rescue operations by NDRF personnel in Parsoli village, the body was recovered from the debris of the collapsed houses, a bulletin from the State Disaster Mitigation and Management Centre said here.
Meanwhile, search and rescue efforts launched by the Army in other villages of Yamkeshwar area including Diyuli, Dhamand and Tureda a few days ago have come to an end with no possibility of more bodies still being trapped, it said.
Many roads in Yamkeshwar and Lansdowne areas are blocked by debris, it said.
28 motor roads are blocked in Rudraprayag district and as many in Chamoli. 10 motor roads are blocked in Nainital, eight in Bageshwar and four in Almora district, it said.
Rain related incidents especially collapse of houses and falling debris from hillsides had claimed 14 lives in Pauri on August 15 with villages falling under Yamkeshwar tehsil accounting for the highest number of 12 casualties.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- UN Security Council readies North Korea missile test reply
- US Vice President Joe Biden on surprise visit to Iraq
- Panama papers scandal: Russia to join global fight against tax evasion
- 7.0-magnitude earthquake hits Vanuatu, tsunami warning issued: USGS
- US 'deeply concerned' over new China controls on foreign NGOs