Uttarkhand to implement Lokayukta on pattern of Lokpal Bill: CM
Dehradun: Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna on Monday said the state Lokayukta will be constituted on the same pattern as that of Lokpal Bill tabled in Parliament.
Bahuguna said in reply to an allegation made by BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi during a rally here yesterday that Congress was not implementing the Lokayukta Bill approved by the state Assembly during previous BJP-led government in Uttarakhand.
“After a discussion with Opposition parties in the state Assembly the Lokayukta Bill will be modelled on the pattern of Lokpal Bill passed by the Lok Sabha, which has the support of both BJP and anti-graft crusader Anna Hazare,” Bahuguna said.
The Chief Minister said that the new Lokayukta would be implemented in the state before the deadline of February 28, 2014.
The Bill got President Pranab Mukherjee`s assent in September this year, nearly two years after it was passed unanimously by the state Assembly on November 1, 2011 during Bhuvan Chandra Kanduri government here. It is supposed to be implemented in the state within six months after getting the assent.
Without naming Congress vice president, Modi had asked why Rahul Gandhi was so vocal about passing in Parliament the Lokpal Bill when his party in Uttarakhand was silent over it.
"A Congress leader was talking about Lokpal at a press conference. My question is how can the leader of a party which has shied away from the creation of the anti-corruption watchdog so far be so vocal on the issue.
"I want to ask him if his heart really aches for Lokpal why hasn`t his party allowed the implementation of the Lokyukta Act in Uttarakhand passed by the state Assembly during BJP chief minister Bhuvan Chandra Khanduri`s tenure," Modi had said at the rally yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part III
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part IV
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part V
- Dombivali blast: What actually led to fire mishap in chemical factory and what all eyewitnesses saw
- Beyond Leicester City and Premier League: Understanding English Football Pyramid
- Here's how digital space went against Kangana Ranaut
- Links with Dawood Ibrahim: Won't hesitate to act against whosoever found guilty, says Rajnath Singh
- BJP-led NDA completes 2 years in offfice: What Arvind Kejriwal thinks of Narendra Modi