Why are the Gods against us? asks IAF squadron leader
Gauchar: "Why are the Gods so angry that they are even killing the saviours who are rescuing the sea of humanity in Uttarakhand?" an IAF squadron leader blurted when he got the news of the chopper crash.
The Gauchar helipad saw varied emotions from the air warriors who are here for the IAF`s largest airlift operation.
While some officers and men were angry over the tragedy, a few others tried to control their grief by quietly strolling on the tarmac which had 13 choppers this evening.
Hoping against hope, the IAF men were seen asking their officials in control stations and seniors to see whether there were news that the Mi-17 crew coming from Gaurikund "was safe and just only hurt".
The ill-fated Mi-17 helicopter had made two sorties to the Kedarnath area since this morning and was on its third sortie when it crashed.
"We left nothing to chance...Even went beyond the call of duty...Tried getting more and more people safe but I think we still were not blessed," another IAF officer said.
Some of the victims, rescued from Kedarnath Valley by IAF choppers, felt they had lost someone close and personal.
"They (IAF personnel) were blessed children. They put their lives at stake to save us. This should not have happened to them," Savitri Mishra, a resident of Madhya Pradesh, said.
An IAF helicopter had rescued her today after she was stranded for six days in Gaurikund.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Gunbattle breaks out between security forces, militants in J&K's Kupwara
- American Senator wants US to stop issuing visas to Indians
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic
- Will women be allowed to enter Haji Ali shrine? Bombay HC verdict today
- Check out the posters of Sunny Leone’s ‘Beiimaan Love’