16 handed life sentences in murder case
Malda (WB): Altogether 16 persons were
on Wednesday handed over life sentences by a fast track court in a
16-year-old murder case in Malda district.
The Additional Sessions Judge of the fast-track court
found 16 of the accused guilty of murdering Jahid Ali in 1994
in Ratua area.
A total of 21 persons were accused in the FIR, police
said adding that two of them died while the court`s hearing
was in progress.
The court acquitted the other two accused in the case
in the absence of evidence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail