16 handed life sentences in murder case
Malda (WB): Altogether 16 persons were
on Wednesday handed over life sentences by a fast track court in a
16-year-old murder case in Malda district.
The Additional Sessions Judge of the fast-track court
found 16 of the accused guilty of murdering Jahid Ali in 1994
in Ratua area.
A total of 21 persons were accused in the FIR, police
said adding that two of them died while the court`s hearing
was in progress.
The court acquitted the other two accused in the case
in the absence of evidence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!