16 handed life sentences in murder case
Malda (WB): Altogether 16 persons were
on Wednesday handed over life sentences by a fast track court in a
16-year-old murder case in Malda district.
The Additional Sessions Judge of the fast-track court
found 16 of the accused guilty of murdering Jahid Ali in 1994
in Ratua area.
A total of 21 persons were accused in the FIR, police
said adding that two of them died while the court`s hearing
was in progress.
The court acquitted the other two accused in the case
in the absence of evidence.
- Akshay Kumar escapes scorching Mumbai heat with his ‘partner in crime’ – Here’s how
- Uttarakhand forest fire under control, no death so far: Rajnath Singh
- Donald Trump's presidency will 'lead to another 9/11': South Carolina Senator Lindsey Graham
- Ex-Australian priest John Joseph Farrell sentenced for child abuse
- Blasphemy case for 'desecrating' Sikh man's turban in Pakistan