16 handed life sentences in murder case
Malda (WB): Altogether 16 persons were
on Wednesday handed over life sentences by a fast track court in a
16-year-old murder case in Malda district.
The Additional Sessions Judge of the fast-track court
found 16 of the accused guilty of murdering Jahid Ali in 1994
in Ratua area.
A total of 21 persons were accused in the FIR, police
said adding that two of them died while the court`s hearing
was in progress.
The court acquitted the other two accused in the case
in the absence of evidence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj