2 more AMRI officials held, total no of arrests 9
Kolkata: With the arrest of two senior
officials of the AMRI Hospital on Tuesday in connection with the
devastating fire at its Dhakuria facility on Friday last, the
number of arrests rose to nine.
" we have arrested S Upadhyay, senior vice-president
and the hospital`s safety committee chairman and Sanjib Pal,
Administrative Officer of the hospital," Joint Commissioner of
Police (Crime) Damayanti Sen said.
The two officials were later produced before Alipore
Chief Judicial Magistrate`s court, which remanded them to
police custody till December 23.
Of the nine persons arrested in connection with the
disaster that claimed 93 lives, the police arrested seven
directors of the AMRI Hospital earlier.
The six arrested directors were S K Todi, R S Goenka,
Prashant Goenka, Manish Goenka, Ravi Todi and Dayanand
The arrested persons mainly faced charges of culpable
homicide not amounting to murder and negligence and were
earlier remanded to police custody by the court till December
Another arrested director R S Agarwal was not produced
before the court as he has been admitted to hospital and would
appear before the court after being discharged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister