2 more AMRI officials held, total no of arrests 9
Kolkata: With the arrest of two senior
officials of the AMRI Hospital on Tuesday in connection with the
devastating fire at its Dhakuria facility on Friday last, the
number of arrests rose to nine.
" we have arrested S Upadhyay, senior vice-president
and the hospital`s safety committee chairman and Sanjib Pal,
Administrative Officer of the hospital," Joint Commissioner of
Police (Crime) Damayanti Sen said.
The two officials were later produced before Alipore
Chief Judicial Magistrate`s court, which remanded them to
police custody till December 23.
Of the nine persons arrested in connection with the
disaster that claimed 93 lives, the police arrested seven
directors of the AMRI Hospital earlier.
The six arrested directors were S K Todi, R S Goenka,
Prashant Goenka, Manish Goenka, Ravi Todi and Dayanand
The arrested persons mainly faced charges of culpable
homicide not amounting to murder and negligence and were
earlier remanded to police custody by the court till December
Another arrested director R S Agarwal was not produced
before the court as he has been admitted to hospital and would
appear before the court after being discharged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees