2 more AMRI officials held, total no of arrests 9
Kolkata: With the arrest of two senior
officials of the AMRI Hospital on Tuesday in connection with the
devastating fire at its Dhakuria facility on Friday last, the
number of arrests rose to nine.
" we have arrested S Upadhyay, senior vice-president
and the hospital`s safety committee chairman and Sanjib Pal,
Administrative Officer of the hospital," Joint Commissioner of
Police (Crime) Damayanti Sen said.
The two officials were later produced before Alipore
Chief Judicial Magistrate`s court, which remanded them to
police custody till December 23.
Of the nine persons arrested in connection with the
disaster that claimed 93 lives, the police arrested seven
directors of the AMRI Hospital earlier.
The six arrested directors were S K Todi, R S Goenka,
Prashant Goenka, Manish Goenka, Ravi Todi and Dayanand
The arrested persons mainly faced charges of culpable
homicide not amounting to murder and negligence and were
earlier remanded to police custody by the court till December
Another arrested director R S Agarwal was not produced
before the court as he has been admitted to hospital and would
appear before the court after being discharged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- BCCI Conclave: DDCA Joint Secretary Vivek Gupta snubbed as he went uninvited!
- Arjun Kapoor's early birthday celebrations on the sets of 'Half Girlfriend'! Pic inside
- Top 10 stocks to be on radar post Brexit
- India's forex reserves adequate to tackle Brexit impact: RBI
- Wimbledon: Leander Paes and Rohan Bopanna face-off likely in pre-quarters