2 more AMRI officials held, total no of arrests 9
Kolkata: With the arrest of two senior
officials of the AMRI Hospital on Tuesday in connection with the
devastating fire at its Dhakuria facility on Friday last, the
number of arrests rose to nine.
" we have arrested S Upadhyay, senior vice-president
and the hospital`s safety committee chairman and Sanjib Pal,
Administrative Officer of the hospital," Joint Commissioner of
Police (Crime) Damayanti Sen said.
The two officials were later produced before Alipore
Chief Judicial Magistrate`s court, which remanded them to
police custody till December 23.
Of the nine persons arrested in connection with the
disaster that claimed 93 lives, the police arrested seven
directors of the AMRI Hospital earlier.
The six arrested directors were S K Todi, R S Goenka,
Prashant Goenka, Manish Goenka, Ravi Todi and Dayanand
The arrested persons mainly faced charges of culpable
homicide not amounting to murder and negligence and were
earlier remanded to police custody by the court till December
Another arrested director R S Agarwal was not produced
before the court as he has been admitted to hospital and would
appear before the court after being discharged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez