32 infants die at Kolkata hospital
Zee Media Bureau
Kolkata: Reports claimed on Saturday that at least 32 infants have died at the BC Roy Hospital in Kolkata over the past four days.
Sources said the children were suffering from malnutrition.
In their defence, hospital authorities suggested that the deaths were caused due to a surge in number of terminally-ill patients referred from other hospitals.
The government has set up a three-member panel to inquire into the deaths.
A health department official denied negligence on the part on the hospital.
It is not the first time that infants have died in West Bengal due to malnutrition. In May, 16 infants had died in Malda due to malnutrition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report