32 infants die at Kolkata hospital
Zee Media Bureau
Kolkata: Reports claimed on Saturday that at least 32 infants have died at the BC Roy Hospital in Kolkata over the past four days.
Sources said the children were suffering from malnutrition.
In their defence, hospital authorities suggested that the deaths were caused due to a surge in number of terminally-ill patients referred from other hospitals.
The government has set up a three-member panel to inquire into the deaths.
A health department official denied negligence on the part on the hospital.
It is not the first time that infants have died in West Bengal due to malnutrition. In May, 16 infants had died in Malda due to malnutrition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'