32 infants die at Kolkata hospital
Zee Media Bureau
Kolkata: Reports claimed on Saturday that at least 32 infants have died at the BC Roy Hospital in Kolkata over the past four days.
Sources said the children were suffering from malnutrition.
In their defence, hospital authorities suggested that the deaths were caused due to a surge in number of terminally-ill patients referred from other hospitals.
The government has set up a three-member panel to inquire into the deaths.
A health department official denied negligence on the part on the hospital.
It is not the first time that infants have died in West Bengal due to malnutrition. In May, 16 infants had died in Malda due to malnutrition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda