Barasat (WB): About 50 persons fell sick today after having 'prasad' at a religious function at Hingalganj in North 24 Parganas district.
Chief Medical Officer of Health Debabrata Mukherjee said, while 50 had complained of stomachache and vomiting shortly after having the prasad, 22 had to be admitted to the Basirhat Hospital.
The rest were discharged after treatment at local health centre, he said.
A probe was ordered whether the ailments were caused by food poisoning due to contamination in prasad which was made of rice and 'daal', he said. PTI