Abducted Kolkata youth rescued by police
Rourkela: A youth, abducted from Kolkata
on Friday, was rescued by the police from near a temple here,
police sources said on Tuesday.
The sources said the rescued youth, Amit Sekhwal was in a
state of shock when he was rescued last night and he had some
cut marks on his body. He was admitted to a hospital and his
family members in Kolkata were informed.
A preliminary investigation revealed that Amit was
abducted by a three-member gang from Chandini Chowk market of
Kolkata on Friday and he was brought to Angul and kept under
their captivity for three days there. He was physically
assaulted and then released.
Again he was brought by an unknown man to Rourkela and
left near a temple under plant site police limit in the city.
Though the exact cause of his abduction would be known
only after his family members arrive here, police suspect Amit
was abducted either for ransom or due to some family dispute.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender