Abducted Kolkata youth rescued by police
Rourkela: A youth, abducted from Kolkata
on Friday, was rescued by the police from near a temple here,
police sources said on Tuesday.
The sources said the rescued youth, Amit Sekhwal was in a
state of shock when he was rescued last night and he had some
cut marks on his body. He was admitted to a hospital and his
family members in Kolkata were informed.
A preliminary investigation revealed that Amit was
abducted by a three-member gang from Chandini Chowk market of
Kolkata on Friday and he was brought to Angul and kept under
their captivity for three days there. He was physically
assaulted and then released.
Again he was brought by an unknown man to Rourkela and
left near a temple under plant site police limit in the city.
Though the exact cause of his abduction would be known
only after his family members arrive here, police suspect Amit
was abducted either for ransom or due to some family dispute.
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part V
- DNA: AgustaWestland creates chaos in Parliament
- Is Bhagat Singh a revolutionary terrorist? : Taal Thok Ke Extra Strong - Part 6
- DNA: Loans costing farmers their lives; govt keeps mum
- DNA: Today in History | April 27, 2016
- Security beefed in Manipur areas after three murders
- Ability to smell food through mouth may decline with age
- Transplantation along highways could be linked to NREGA: Minister
- 8 die of sunstroke as heat wave continues in Odisha
- IPL 2016, Match 23: Chris Morris' 82 off 32 not enough for Delhi; Gujarat win by 1 run