After Raje, BJP removes West Bengal unit chief
New Delhi: The West Bengal BJP chief had to
step down on Saturday for poor performance of the party in the Lok
Sabha polls, a day after Vasundhara Raje bowed to pressure
from the central leadership and quit as Leader of Opposition
in the Rajasthan Assembly.
West Bengal BJP president Satyabrat Mukherjee resigned
from his post to abide with the party decision to remove all
unit heads in states where the party had performed badly in
the Lok Sabha polls, party sources said. His resignation was
accepted by Rajnath Singh.
Mukherjee has been replaced by Rahul Sinha, who was
nominated as the West Bengal state unit president of the
party by Singh today.
However, the party leadership maintains that new state
unit presidents are being appointed as country-wide
organisational elections are on to elect office-bearers from
block level upwards.
State unit presidents of BJP in Haryana, Rajasthan,
Uttarakhand and other states where the party performed poorly
had sent in their resignations to Singh. They have been
replaced by the party high command.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened